Thought I would rank the SEC Bowls on which ones I thought wouldbe the most entertaining and competitive. I look at whats at stake for bothteams and how much each team wants to be there. I also looked at the match upsand I believe certain styles make great match ups. Beginning later this weekand next we will break down all these bowls games plus have live daily blogcoverage from Miami for Alabama and Notre Dame beginning January 3rd.
The Top Three
1. Alabama vs. Notre Dame - This was an easychoice solely because whats at stake. Throw in the fact that its Notre Dameand Alabama and you have great interest worldwide. I am not sure it will be agreat game to watch. The Irish would love a four quarter low scoring slow pacegame. Alabama is ok with that match up, but has the offense to potentially blowit open.
- Strengths - Championship on the line/History and Heritage
- Weakness - Could end up a blow out if the Irish arent ready
2. Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma - This has offensive fireworks writtenall over it with Johnny Manziel the Heisman winner and Landry Jones the recordsetting Oklahoma quarterback. This is also used to be a Big 12 match up andthis may not be the last time these teams play with the Champions Bowl in thefuture. Kevin Sumlin used to work for Bob Stoops and Oklahoma. The Sooners havewon three bowls in a row.
- Strengths - Greatoffenses with terrific quarterbacks only game on Friday Jan 4th.
- Weakness - Will Manzielbe burned out from the Heisman media circus (Heisman Jinx)
3. LSU vs. Clemson - This game is SEC versus ACC which always makes itinteresting. The pressure is clearly on the Tigers, just kidding the LSUTigers. They are expected to win just like South Carolina did and that can betough. Dabo Swinney needs to find a bowl formula that works he is 1-3 and wasembarrassed last year in the Orange Bowl. Great defense (LSU) against greatoffense (Clemson) makes this a must see game.
- Strengths - Match up of styles with offense anddefense, Two 10 win teams from regular season
- Weakness - Clemsons bowl record andcompetitiveness makes us all nervous. The Rest of the list The Wolverines will get another shot at the SEC in the OutbackBowl.
4. South Carolina vs. Michigan- Spurrier will be motivated for 11 winsand Michigan will look to get some redemption for their loss to the SEC(Alabama) in the opener. Jadevon Clowney will also have a chance to add to his13.5 sacks on theseason.
5. Georgia vs. Nebraska - Most people think this will be two teams notvery motivated and that may be true, but they did combine for 21 wins and a14-2 regular season conference record. The senior laden Dog defense will betested by the best offense in the Big Ten.
6. Florida vs. Louisville - As we have seen in the past the underdoghas great motivation in these type games. Louisville is laden with Florida highschool players and the Gators want to beat their former coordinator and finishwith 12 wins and possibly 2 in the country. Florida will look to shut down thenation's 7th best passer in Teddy Bridgewater.
7. Mississippi St. vs. Northwestern - The Wildcats pose the biggestthreat to a possible 9-0 bowl season for the SEC. These two teams did win 8 and9 games respectively. Dan Mullen is 2-0 in bowl games already at State. TylerRussell should be able to throw the ball for a bunch of yards against theWildcats.