Tony Chachere’s Southern Recipe Rivalry Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA, TEXAS, ALABAMA, MISSISSIPPI, GEORGIA, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, ARKANSAS, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is only open to legal residents of Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky and Louisiana, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The following persons are not eligible to enter, vote or win: employees of Cable Sports Southeast, LLC and Tony Chachere’s Creole Foods, Inc. (collectively, “Sponsors”) and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the households, whether or not related, of each of the above. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. HOW TO ENTER the CONTEST: The contest will commence on Sunday, April 22, 2012 upon posting of the entry form on www.css-sports.com and end on Friday, June 22, 2011 at 5:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Contest Period”). To enter, either (i) follow the directions provided to complete the online entry form available at either www.css-sports.com or http://facebook.com/csssports or (ii) print and fill out the form completely and (a) scan the completed form and attach it to an email to be sent to email@example.com or (b) mail the completed form to: Tony Chachere’s Southern Recipe Rivalry Contest c/o Cable Sports Southeast, 2925 Courtyards Drive, Norcross, GA 30071. All recipes must be in English, must include a Tony Chachere’s product in the ingredients, and must incorporate a theme that celebrates one of the Division I football teams in Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, or Louisiana. All cooking measurements and instructions should be outlined in detail. Only single authored entries and/or recipes will be accepted (co-authored entries and/or recipes will be disqualified). LIMIT OF ONE ENTRY, PER PERSON, PER EMAIL. For email entries, you must supply a valid email address to participate. If the email address supplied is not valid, your entry will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries generated by any other means which subvert the entry process will be void.
3. FINALIST SELECTION: To be eligible for the finalist selection, entries must be received no later than 5:00:00 p.m. ET on Friday, June 22, 2012, and mail-in entries must be postmarked by Friday, June 22, 2012 and received no later than 5:00:00 p.m. ET on Monday, July 2, 2012. Ten (10) finalists will be selected from among all eligible entries received by an independent panel of judges (“Judges”) based on the Judging Criteria (as defined below). Each potential finalist will be notified via email and/or telephone by Monday, July 16, 2012. Sponsors reserve the right to delay the selection. All potential finalists are subject to verification and may be required to execute a Consent, Assignment and Release Agreement and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability. If required to execute such releases, each potential finalist must return such releases within seven (7) days of issuance. If (i) potential finalist declines to participate in the contest or (ii) potential finalist fails to return any required documents within the timeframe stated, it will result in the disqualification of such potential finalist and an alternate potential finalist may be selected provided sufficient time remains prior to the scheduled Final Judging Period (as defined below). Finalists must not disclose their selection as a finalist until Sponsors have announced the finalists to the general public.
4. JUDGING: Judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”) is as follows: total number of entries submitted for the school (20%), taste appeal (20%), ease of using recipe (20%), use of Tony Chachere’s Ingredient (20%), and appropriateness of food-type for tailgating/use of creativity in incorporating theme of celebrating the fan’s team (20%). In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based on the highest score in the second Judging Criteria (taste appeal), continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order (ease of using recipe, use of Tony Chachere’s Ingredient, and appropriateness of food-type for tailgating/use of creativity in incorporating theme of celebrating the fan’s team, respectively), as needed to break the tie. Entrants and potential finalists agree that Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this contest and that all decisions are final and binding.
5. FINAL JUDGING: The ten (10) finalist entries will be displayed at http://www.css-sports.com from Monday, August 27, 2012 upon posting through 12:00:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 (the “Final Judging Period”). During the Final Judging Period, the general public will have the opportunity to view and vote on their favorite finalist. To vote, follow the directions provided to complete the online voting form at http://www.css-sports.com and submit electronically. Any attempt by an individual to interfere with voting via electronic bots or any other means, will result in the disqualification of all votes by that individual. At the conclusion of the Final Judging Period, the top three finalists with the highest number of votes will be declared the “Southern Recipe Rivalry Winners.” The Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner with the highest number of votes will be the Grand Prize Winner. The Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner with the second highest number of votes will be the Second Prize Winner. The Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner with the third highest number of votes will be the Third Prize Winner. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about November 15, 2012, and must sign and return any additional releases which may be required by Sponsors within seven (7) days of issuance. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable or if the winner cannot be verified, his/her prize will be forfeited any may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event of a tie, Judges will break the tie in accordance with the tie-breaker process described above. The three Southern Recipe Rivalry Winners will be invited to participate in a special “Tony Chachere’s Cookoff” feature (date to be determined by Sponsors in their discretion) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to be telecast on CSS-Sports in 2013, which will include the following: (i) one car rental for two (2) days in Baton Rouge, Louisiana during the cook-off, (ii) two (2) tickets to an event or attraction held in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (choice of event or attraction to be in the sole discretion of Sponsors) and (iii) a $250 stipend (the “Tony Chachere’s Cookoff” feature, together with accompanying elements, collectively, the “Cookoff Feature”). Sponsors reserve the right to award the Cookoff Feature to the finalist with the next highest number of votes in the event that a Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner chooses not to attend. Winners must not disclose their selection as a Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner until Sponsors have announced the winners to the general public.
6. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S):
- Ten (10) Finalist Prizes: Finalists each will receive Three Hundred Dollars’ ($300) worth of Tony Chachere’s products (Approximate Retail Value [“ARV”] of each Finalist Prize: $300).
- One (1) Grand Prize: Grand Prize winner will receive (i) a private cooking trailer event for twenty-five (25) people, (ii) Two Hundred Dollars’ ($200) worth of Tony’s Chachere’s products, (iii) the opportunity to participate in the Cookoff Feature, and (iv) a grill (ARV: $4,000).
- One (1) Second Prize: Second Prize winner will receive (i) Two Hundred Dollars’ ($200) worth of Tony Chachere’s products, (ii) a Viking 5QT Stand Mixer and (iii) the opportunity to participate in the Cookoff Feature (ARV: $1,144.95)
- One (1) Third Prize: Third Prize winner will receive (i) One Hundred Fifty Dollars’ ($150) worth of Tony Chachere’s products and (ii) the opportunity to participate in the Cookoff Feature (ARV: $600)
- The Finalist Prizes, the Grand Prize, the Second Prize and the Third Prize are individually referred to as a “Prize” and collectively referred to as the “Prizes.” Total ARV of all Prizes: $8,744.95. If a Southern Recipe Rivalry Winner chooses not to attend the “Tony Chachere’s Cookoff”, Sponsors may award the Cookoff Feature component of the Prize to the finalist with the next highest number of votes.
Prizes are not transferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except by Sponsors, which reserve the right to substitute a Prize with one of comparable or greater retail value, at their sole discretion. All costs and expenses not stated herein as being provided in connection with the redemption, receipt and/or use of a Prize are the responsibility of each winner, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, accommodations and meals (including transportation, accommodations and meals during the “Tony Chachere’s Cookoff” feature [except as provided above], and all federal, state and local taxes. All Prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion. No extension of event dates will be granted, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
7. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants may not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any entry: (i) references to pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit references; (ii) explicit language, discriminating language, or promotion of illegal activities; (iii) libelous, defamatory, disparaging or slanderous remarks; or (iv) remarks that denigrate, disparage or reflect negatively on Sponsors, their owners and their employees. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsors, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible, undelivered or garbled entries or email; or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections, including Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web-server, network, cable, server, satellite, phone-line connections or miscommunications, or other electronic malfunctions, computer or telephone, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or garbled or jumbled transmissions; or due to lost, late, stolen, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, postage due or misdirected mail or entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes, the cancellation or postponement of any game, or in any contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the web site or for any travel related delays or cancellations. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsors, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the contest should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation or play of the contest, and, in the event of termination, select the finalists and/or winners from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken. All entries and any copyrights therein become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the finalists and the winners (available after November 16, 2012), send a self-addressed envelope to:
Tony Chachere’s Southern Recipe Rivalry Contest c/o Cable Sports Southeast, 2925 Courtyards Drive, Norcross, GA 30071 to be received prior to February 28, 2013.
10. PUBLICITY: Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that as a condition of entering the contest, if legally permissible, Sponsors and their respective designees have the right to use entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, city and state of residence, submissions (including, without limitation, the entrant’s recipe) and Prize information for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, authorization, remuneration or notification.
11. TAXES: All applicable local, state and federal taxes on the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the finalist/winner who is awarded the Prize.
12. LIABILITY: Each entrant, by entering the contest, agrees that Sponsors and Facebook and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective agents, employees, directors and officers (collectively, “Released Parties”), will have no liability whatsoever for and shall be held harmless by entrants, against, any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property incurred in connection with or resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or participating in this contest.
13. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
14. The decisions of Sponsors will be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the contest. Sponsors reserve the right to correct any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors.
15. SPONSORS: Cable Sports Southeast, LLC, 2925 Courtyards Drive, Norcross, GA30071; Tony Chachere’s Creole Foods, Inc., 519 N. Lombard Street, Opelousas, LA70570.