- 2 pounds of chicken wings and/or drummetes
- 2 T olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Zest and juice of one lime
- Small Red Thai Chilies (as many or few as you want)
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T brown sugar
- 3 T chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
Make marinade first
- In a small sauce pan heat olive oil, red pepper flakes and curry powder over medium heat for 1-2 minutes (do not let burn).
- Add your whole chilis (just slice them open)
- Add coconut milk and rest of the ingredients except cilantro
- Bring to a simmer over med high heat, stirring constantly.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- In last minute add cilantro
- Take off heat and cool.
- Store in a mason jar or air tight container.
Note….you will need to allow it come to room temperature if putting in fridge prior to making wings.
Grill wings for about 15 minutes on each side, turn often.
Remove wings from grill and place in large storage container with a tight fitting lid.
Pour yellow curry sauce over wings, cover, and shake until coated.
Place on serving dish and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
Coconut Curry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- to 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- tablespoons soy sauce
- teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes, zest, garlic, and curry powder and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the coconut-milk mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly, 1 1/2 minutes. Add basil. Pour into a bowl.